Giving Back to the Community
City Mission organizes many events to help members of the community who may be in need. In addition to providing a community meal Monday- Saturday, we also:
- Host community wide picnics during the summer
- Assist with Back to School supplies, winter coats, Christmas toys and other needs!
- Free medical clinic on Tuesday evenings at 6pm at our Dining Center (512 Smith Street Schenectady NY 12305)
- Clothing Room is available to individuals working with other agencies
- Provide meals to local senior center on a weekly basis
- Host Christmas Toy Stores for parents to select new, unwrapped toys, free of charge, for their children. Volunteers will wrap the toys and help parents select the toys.