- to support Bridges to Freedom, the Mission’s discipleship program
- to provide good nutrition
- to consistently deliver excellent service
Support Bridges to Freedom
The Food Services Department endeavors to teach trade skills to Bridges to Freedom participants by providing them with the opportunity to work in the kitchen and assist the cook with meal planning, preparation and cleanup. These residents also serve meals to other residents and to the community, affording them the opportunity to serve others as disciples of God.
Good nutrition and learning success go hand in hand as evidenced by numerous studies that indicate students who eat a healthy breakfast and/or lunch are more successful learners than those who do not. The Food Services Department has a goal of providing men and woman with healthy, well-balanced meals. Additionally, we strive to provide nutrition education to men and woman so that they are able to make healthy food choices throughout their lives.
The best organizations and companies consistently deliver an excellent product. Our goal is to provide a food service experience that offers dependable food quality, quantity and service.
- Three meals served each day to residents
- Dinner for community served six days per week
- Monday through Friday at 5:45pm
- Saturday at 3pm
- Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas meals served to the community
- Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day barbecues served to the community
- Select residents enrolled in Mission programs are taught food service skills
- Food Service Department provides food to Mission special events and meetings, as needed