DONATE YOUR HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
For your convenience, we have provided a list of household donations that we are able to accept. Your donations may be sold at our Thrift Store where all proceeds will go towards supporting City Mission programs. Other items might be given to our residents as they move from our shelters into their own apartments. We're grateful for your generosity!
- small working appliances (microwave, toaster, blend, coffee maker, etc.)
- books (we can only accept cookbooks and religious books at this time)
- cookware (pots/pans, glasses, dishes, silverware, etc.)
- small furniture items (small tables, small bookshelves)
- knick-knacks (planters, baskets, pottery, candles, vases, pictures)
- entertainment (DVDs, puzzles, games)
THRIFT STORE- 416 Saratoga Rd Glenville NY
DISTRIBUTION CENTER- 11 Cheltingham Ave Rotterdam NY
- big furniture items
- televisions that older than 5 years old or don't have flat screens
- bowling balls
- building supplies
- large appliances
- car seats
- computer items
- VHS tapes
- bed frames
- large exercise equipment
Unfortunately, there are some items that we are not able to accept. We aim to be good stewards on each donation we receive and there are some items that would be better utilized by one of our community partners.
While we can't guarantee that any of these agencies will be able to accept the items, here are a few local places that may be able to accept your items.
- Habitat for Humanity (518) 395-3412 Furniture and big appliances | Pickup available
- Home Furnishings (518) 346-2444 Furniture, household items, and mattresses | Pickup available
- Salvation Army (518) 465-2416 Furniture, books, VHS tapes | Pickup available
- Things of My Very Own (518) 630-5143 Gently used mattresses, strollers, Pack n' Play, new cribs and car seats
If you have any questions, please call our team at (518) 346-2275 -- we are here to help!