BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Join the team to provide life-transforming hope to men, women and children in our community
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...
- Please do not come to serve if you aren’t feeling well.
- Everyone must wear a mask when volunteering.
- During these hot summer months, please remember to wear close-toed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops) and long shorts/dresses close to your knee.
- We are not able to accommodate court-ordered community service hours.
- Children must be at least 10 years old to volunteer and 18 years old to volunteer by themselves.
- Each person volunteering is required to create an account on this site.
- You must sign up for an opportunity before volunteering.
FIND THE BEST FIT FOR YOU
Q: WHAT IS A MISSION ENCOUNTER?
A Mission Encounter is an orientation/information session for new volunteers who are interested in learning more about volunteering here at City Mission. Interested volunteers take a tour of the campus, discuss different possibilities and then talk with the Volunteer Team about the best fit! It is also the first step to becoming a Mission Driven Volunteer.
Q: CAN MY CHILDREN SERVE WITH ME?
Children must be at least 10 years old to volunteer at City Mission. When signing up on the volunteer portal, create an account for them and sign up for the opportunity!
You must be at least 18 years or older to volunteer by yourself.
Q: CAN I JUST SHOW UP & VOLUNTEER?
While we appreciate your willingness to serve, we have many volunteers who come in each week that are scheduled to do specific volunteer duties. Volunteers must be registered ahead of time.
Please note: At this time we're not able to accommodate court-ordered community service hours.