FAMILY LIFE CENTER
*Open to Female Students Only*
The Family Life Center (FLC) provides emergency, short-term, and long-term shelter to homeless women and children. We equip women with the skills and resources they will need to make the journey from poverty to a life of sustainability.
- 35-bed Women and Children's Shelter
- Emergency and long-term shelter
- Beautiful apartments provide space for mothers and their children to live together, maintaining the family unit. There is also a small dormitory for single women.
- Our Child Enrichment Center provides a safe place where children can play with staff and volunteers while mothers are attending classes and appointments
Family Life Center Interns may provide support in the following areas:
- Front Desk Support- provide basic welcome and operational support at the front desk. Duties include greeting visitors, answering phones, providing information, and other duties as needed. Must enjoy interacting with people. Must be willing to work with people in crisis and people with diverse backgrounds.
- Child Enrichment- the Child Enrichment Center offers babysitting services for residents during the day and on Thursday Evenings. Interns would assist the staff in the care for children ages 0-11. Must have a heart for children, childcare experience and a willingness to work with children from diverse backgrounds and situations.
- Program Support- shadow and assist staff with variety of advisory roles for residents. This is an opportunity to learn how the shelter supports the residents by connecting them to resources, teaching life skills, and general support. Great position for students seeking cross-cultural experience, leadership training, non-profit management with an interest in human services or counseling. Must be a self-starter who comes to us with a clear idea of their goals.